How to Empower Real GCSE & Life Success in Your Child
MONDAY 8TH - FRIDAY 12TH NOVEMBER
Yes! I am SO excited about this ‘FREE 5-Day Parent of Teen TRUST Challenge !’
This week is going to be absolutely game-changing - life-changing really - for many of you parents who jump in to this Challenge Week. if you are struggling right now to motivate, inspire or even just to get along with a teenage child in Years 9-11 right now then read on and sign up.
Within the first 10 minutes of participating in this Challenge on Monday, you are going to feel the weight slipping from your shoulders. You are going to feel the complete relief of listening to and learning from someone who understands your situation deeply and can help profoundly. You'll feel completely at home and at ease in a new and mutually supportive group of fellow parents who are also wanting to step up to the plate and effect real change in how we are all relating to our children, through this GCSE journey, and to bring real and long-lasting empowerment to the whole situation. I truly think that next week will be the time when you will resolutely begin the journey of resolving many of your teenage child’s and your family’s needless recent struggle and friction relating to studying and their current lifestyles and future choices, and you will quite simply never look back...
*Live videos will be available for catch up
DAY 1: Mon 8th Nov 11-12pm
DAY 2: Tues 9th Nov 11-12pm
DAY 3: Wed 10th Nov 11-12pm
DAY 4: Thurs 11th Nov 11-12pm
DAY 5: Fri 12th Nov 10-11am
Joining this Parent Trust Challenge Week will prove to be the most joyous and powerful step you could take, for the happiness and harmony of the whole family, and for your local community, school and extended family too.
This challenge is - in my professional opinion, as a GCSE tutor and now academic mentor and coach to teenagers and their parents with 20 years experience - going to be serving up THE most skilful, empowering, easiest and most powerful step you could take to turn a completely sorry schooling situation for everyone - one of victimhood, doom and gloom, family resentment and acrimony - into one that serves everybody, parents and teens alike, and sets the foundations for lifelong harmonious relating, mutual respect and success in every sense and for everybody.
I am frankly bursting (!) with decades of insights and most of all fuelled by the results I have seen in countless teenagers and their parents, most especially in the last five years when trust became a cornerstone of the Young Fire Academy '12-week Mentorship Programme for Teenagers and Parents'.
This week is going to start a process of transformation in the family lives of more teenagers and parents than I have reached so far in my entire career.
I am busting to share these 5 Days with you and help you make this huge difference in yours and your child's lives.
Here are a bunch of major problems right now that the vast majority of parents of a Y9-11 teenage student are facing, mostly in an isolated state of anxiety, fluctuating paranoia or plain terror:
- How on earth can I motivate my child? For success in their studies of course but also just in life? How can I support my son or daughter to find and develop their natural passions and interests - academic AND non-academic - and ultimately to move themselves closer towards meaningful life work?
- How do I speak with them? I have lost the ability to communicate to good effect! They just don’t want to know any more… All my well-meaning parental attempts to talk it through with them, encourage them and spur them on seem more or less completely in vain. They just don’t want to hear it, nothing gets done and nothing is changing. I resort to nagging and nagging to no effect other than that they are more distant than ever and I feel completely exhausted and defeated.
- How can I get them to be organised and responsible? I still do everything for them - why am I still checking their school bags for them?! They’re 15!! Why is it my responsibility to make them on time and help them find the right uniform? Why am I the one that ends up checking that they’re up to date with homework on Firefly, or whatever online homework system your school uses, not them…? They are far too old for this and I know deep down somehow that this just isn’t right... This is not serving anyone! But what alternative do I have?!
- How about homework and revision? The schools seem to think it’s up to me, piling the pressure on in various ways, deflecting it back to us parents somehow, to get them to do it and to keep up, but what are we actually supposed to do when they’re not up for it or say no?! How to get them to start doing their homework well - with some meaning and purpose - as opposed to doing the bare minimum as quickly as possible?
- And how to get them to stay open, respectful and honest with us? To continue to share life closely with me as the GCSE & life pressure mounts? How to speak with them about seemingly unrelated topics (to GCSEs at least) like drugs, drinking, sex, gaming etc? How to help them make conscious choices and stay in the conversation with them on these topics so that I can help them become good decision-makers; so that I don’t have to worry about them and so that I can at least have a say in guiding them in this frankly terrifying new freedom and autonomy that they are now exploring?
These are some of the main problems most families are privately battling with right now in the GCSE build-up.
So what’s the solution? What is the actual pathway to ‘Real GCSE and Life Success’?
This Challenge Week is specifically designed to be THE solution to all of these problems (and many more I must say, countless deep-rooted issues) in today’s families.
In just one week I am going to give you everything I have learned in 20 years of working very closely with (literally) 1000+ teenagers and parents...
The week will be packed with insights, case studies, stories, testimonials and practical, applicable tools for how you can take this leap of faith into trust right away and start to see immediate results within these 5 days. It is a 'Challenge' so there are some steps and actions to take during the week, dare I say it, some ‘homework’ to do...? (Ha ha, take that parents!! How do you like it now that the boot is on the other foot?!) Just kidding... you won’t have to work too hard and I almost certainly won't be calling it 'homework', not if I want anyone to do it that is... My job though will be to impress on you the importance of doing it all and make sure you know clearly what’s at stake; what a HUGE step forward this is going to be for you, your child and your family if you participate in it all fully. The more you give to it in fact - I guarantee you - the better your results will be, with immediate effect and growing exponentially into the future.
One other guarantee is that it is going to fun too! If I may say so, you are in great hands with me 🙂 I am not there to indulge myself and speak overly about a bunch of inconsequential stuff. I am there, all week, purely to serve you, as responsively as possible, and to get you all set to achieve incredible results.
I am going to show you 100 times over or more, in this Challenge Week, prove to you, the rich and utterly profound benefits of making this complete U-turn from a parenting style of pressuring, stressing, judging, blaming (and despairing) to empowering, trusting and communicating effectively.
Trust is THE missing piece, not only in our families - with all our (well-intentioned but self-defeating) helicoptering, interfering and micro-managing - but also most certainly in our schools too and in our modern day, global culture. This is why so many parents are struggling now at this age and stage. We don’t know we need to make this leap into trust! And if we do, we don't know how to make it, we don’t know how to handover, we don’t know how to communicate effectively…
Here’s the pathway to success in the broadest and best sense - GCSEs, yes, but also from a platform for true family harmony (lifelong) and for your teen to learn the real lessons, to get the real gold, the true substance, from this whole GCSE process, beyond just the empty paperwork...
This week I am going to be showing you:
- How to hand over responsibility to your child
- How to communicate effectively with your child
- How to take responsibility for your own anxieties
- How to effort far less and gain far more, in terms of results in your child
- How to get your own life, peace of mind, sleep and dignity back
- How to grow close with your teen again
- How to achieve new-found family harmony and stability
- & What the incredible longterm benefits of setting these foundations are for all in the family, forever!
And the results?
You will come out of this week with:
- A whole new perspective on how to parent effectively
- A treasure trove of easy new tools, tips and tricks to empower self-leadership and responsibility in your child
- Inspiration from countless stories, testimonials, insights and experience to make the leap of faith into trust without any remaining doubt
- A new community of like-minded parents supporting you every step of the way over the coming years
- Immediate results within the week - noticeable changes validating this essential shift and approach forever in your parenting and family life
I can’t wait to spend this time together and see you for this incredible, unmissable, Trust Your Teen Challenge Week!
I will do future Challenges of this kind, I feel sure, but have no idea when as yet. If you are struggling now in any way I would urge you to get involved and commit the time for next week because there may not be another opportunity like this one.
Don’t settle for misery, stress and conflict, let’s get you all sorted, right away!
See you next week!